Wisconsin Print Circuit
Above: Wisconsin Print Circuit Award Winners 2015-16
Above: Wisconsin Print Circuit Award Winners 2014-2015
WI PRINT CIRCUIT RULES 2016-2017
Revised: 8/2015 Page 1 of 2
A. The circuit will consist of one (1) round which will run from November thru April.
1. All prints must be RECEIVED by chairperson by Saturday November 5, 2016.
2. Prints may be delivered to chairperson at the WACCO delegates’ meeting on November 5, 2016.
3. Prints may be mailed to chairperson but must be RECEIVED by November 5, 2016. Please allow adequate time (4-5 business days) for package to arrive.
4. Prints will be returned to clubs’ delegates at the May 6, 2017 WACCO delegates meeting.
5. Results of the Circuit will be announced at the May 6, 2017 WACCO competition and posted on WACCO’s website afterward.
B. The circuit will consist of two (2) divisions – Color and Monochrome.
C. General Guidelines:
1. A member of a participating club may submit only one (1) print in each division.
2. Each club and print owner must assume his/her own risk of damage to prints.
3. It is understood that each club will handle the prints with the utmost care.
4. Subject matter in both divisions is open.
5. Post production processes of any type are allowed.
6. Images submitted in previous Print Circuits are not allowed.
D. Prints submitted:
1. Size of paper should be between 8 - 12 inches on its longest dimension. The other dimension is limited to a maximum size of 8 ó inches. Therefore, the largest image size that a print may be is 8.5 x 12. Paper may be trimmed to remove excess.
2. Square prints are limited to a maximum size of 8 ó by 8 ó.
3. Images that are larger than 8.5 x 12 or 8.5 x 8.5 will be disqualified. Images submitted on paper larger than 8.5 x 12 will be disqualified.
4. Prints must be loose – no mounting allowed.
5. Monochrome prints are defined as “representations in black & white or in varying tones of only one (1) color”. Prints that include a second color will be disqualified.
6. Each print must have TITLE, photographer NAME and CLUB listed on the back of the print.
7. Being a member of more than one WACCO affiliated club does not entitle the entrant to submit more than one (1) color print and one (1) monochrome print.
E. Showing and judging of prints:
1. All prints must be shown to club members at a regular or special meeting.
2. Participating clubs will judge all prints except those entered by their club.
3. Each print should receive a score from 3-10 based on technique, composition and interest. An average score would be 6.
1. Medals will be awarded for First, Second and Third Place based on the overall scores.
2. Honorable Mention ribbons will be awarded based on the overall scores. The number of HM ribbons awarded will be determined by using 10% of the total number of entries.
G. Club and Delegate responsibilities:
1. Each club shall pay for any and all shipping costs incurred by their club while participating in the circuit.
2. Each club shall be responsible for timely shipping in order to ensure that prints arrive on time to the next scheduled voting club. Please review the included Club Delegate list and posted meeting date.
3. Each club shall be responsible for sending score sheets to designated committee member within 1 week of voting. Pre-printed mailing envelopes with are included with prints. Please make sure score sheets are returned to the competition committee in the envelope labeled with your club’s name.
4. Delegate of mailing club should notify delegate of receiving club via email that the prints have been shipped. Providing a tracking number is highly recommended. Competition chair should be carbon copied on that email.
5. Delegate of receiving club should then notify mailing club and competition chair that prints were received.
1. Chairperson will provide delegates with a copy of the score sheet to be used by voting members via email. Delegates can print as many copies as they need. This score sheet will be specific to each club, as it will X off that club’s images. Clubs do not score their own images. A hard copy will be included along with the prints.
2. Responsibility for tallying individual score sheets lies with the Competition Committee.
Delegates are to send individual score sheets to the following Circuit Rep:
6500 County Road G
Caledonia, WI 53108