Photographic Society of America
PSA Member and Club Benefits
The benefits of PSA membership are different for individual members and organization (club/council) members.
Individual Member Benefits
• PSA Journal fUll-color monthly magaZine (mailed & online) and annual Who's Who in Photography publication
• Opportunity to submit articles for potential publication in the PSA Journal which is written by and for members
• Three noncommercial ads each year (no more than 5 lines or 175 characters) in the PSA Journal at no cost
• Access to My PSA free web site services (e.g., Image Evaluation, Mentors, Consultants, resource links, up-to-date product and book reviews)
• Free online Individualized Photography Course, Advanced Photography Course, and Image Analysis Course
• Free Study Groups: online for digital images and via mail for prints
• Free services (e.g., Species Identification Service, Photo Travel Planning Service, Digital Product Information)
• Annual Conference with workshops, field trips, photo shoots, and featured speakers at reduced registration fee
• listing in and access to online Membership list following login
• Publication of photos on the PSA web site (e.g., a photo in the New Member Gallery on joining, in the Show Your Stuff Gallery on renewing for year two, and in ROPA Galleries following receipt of a PSA Distinction)
• Creation of a personal photo gallery on the PSA web site for posting up to twenty (20) images and a biography
• Use of PSA logo on personal web site and business card
• Opportunity to earn PSA Star Ratings and Recognition of Photographic Achievement (ROPA) with PSA Distinctions for Proficiency (PPSA), Excellence (EPSA), Master (MPSA), and Grand Master (GMPSA)
• Opportunity to be elected an Associate (APSA) or Fellow (FPSA) of the Society
• Opportunity to be recognized for photography and/or volunteer service (Society, Service, Editorial, Web Site, Area, State or Province Membership Director, Region Director, International Representative, and Membership Awards)
• Recognition of Membership Milestones when they are reached
• Competitions for specific topics/themes (e.g., Creative, Portrait) or format (e.g., 30, digital essays, story boards, B&W prints)
• Reduced fee for PSA Adventures (e.g., Humanitarian trip to Cuba, cruises)
• Reduced registration fee at local Chapter meetings (US only)
• Opportunity to present programs and seminars at local, regional, and international meetings
• Discounts on photography-related products and services
Club Member Benefits
• Access to the PSA Club Services area following login where ten Consultants are available to help PSA-member club's leadership with: Getting Started, PSA Membership, PSA Club Forums, Club Communication, Technical Assistance, PSA lnterclub Competitions, Judging Services, Club Programs, Club Community Service, and Club Recognition.
• listing on the PSA Clubs/Councils North America or Outside North America webpage on the PSA web site including a link to the club's web site. Opportunity to submit photos of club activities for posting on the club's PSA state's or international region's webpage.
• A copy of the monthly PSA Journal and annual Who's Who in Photography to bring to club meetings and share with the members.
• Receipt of quarterly The Projector emailed newsletter designed for PSA-member clubs
• Invitation to join the PhotoEditors online forum which provides sample articles and other information for the club editor/webmaster.
• Invitation to join the Camera Club Sparkle online forum which provides an information exchange for club Presidents and the PSA Club Representative.
• Opportunity to enter the six free PSA digital lnterclub competitions. These lnterclub competitions include Projected Image, Creative, Nature, Travel, Photojournalism, and 30 images. There is also a free Print lnterclub competition.
• Loan of DVDs for PSA-member clubs (e.g., 75 Years of PSA, CPID Best of the Best).
• Opportunity to participate in the PSA Youth Photography Showcase. The publicity generated by the Youth Photography Showcase is beneficial in recruiting new PSA club members.
• Discounted customizable, template club web site that removes the work load from one person and assures the maintenance & safety of the images and data.
• Discounted software to manage the conduct of digital club competitions.
• Club judging service for every club; including real-lime, remote judging.
• Use of the PSA Logo on the club web site, newsletter, brochure, etc.
• Opportunity to submit application for the PSA Club Service Award (for service to the community) and gain recognition for the club.
• Opportunity to submit the club's newsletter and web site to the PSA Newsletter and Web Site competitions for evaluation and potential recognition.
Other Member Benefits
• PSA Greenhood Scholarship Program
• PSA Youth Showcase
• Support for Photography Research (Amon Carter Museum)
• PSA Print Collection
• PSA Exhibition Standards and recognition of photo competitions worldwide that have agreed to conform to these standards
• Ethics Standards Policy and Ethics Review Board
• Networking programs and opportunities
• Camaraderie with others who share a deep interest in photography
• liaison with photography societies worldwide
• Partnerships that provide pre-release information, and accessibility to products and services at reduced cost