History of WACCO
On August 20, 1982, an organizational meeting was held at the home of Ruth Jaster in Racine, Wisconsin. Present were Bob Schaap, Ruth Jaster, Taylor Mackey, Lee and Joni Agnew and Frank Schulte. The purpose of this meeting was to establish an organization uniting the camera clubs of Southeast Wisconsin. It would encourage and promote photography through the sharing of knowledge and experience. The name proposed was Wisconsin Council of Camera Clubs.
WACCO The Early Years
In the beginning, like all fledgling groups, WACCO had its share of problems while establishing itself. Forming new opportunities helped participants get to know each other. The process of attracting members, conducting competitions, planning outings and programs allowed the team to resolve their differences. Often disagreements and conflict arose until participants learned to trust each other’s judgments and to work effectively as a team. Formulating By-Laws and Operational Procedures for officers and committees, writing the rules for competitions, deciding on awards was difficult. Through struggle and growth, successful developments occurred. WACCO became a positive performing photography organization.
- The first interclub competition was planned for November of 1983 at the Holiday Inn, Waukesha. It was hosted by Image Makers Camera Club.
- In October of 1987 WACCO undertook hosting the PSA Regional Convention, a quote from President Steve Haynes "Well, folks - we did it! And we did ourselves proud. The convention was a huge success."
- On Novmeber 3, 1984 all the member clubs ratified the bylaws.
- On April 20th, 1985 the bylaws were amended and the competition rules were being created. It was decided to hold an annual Fall competition the first Saturday in November.
- August 17th 1985 the Operational Procedures for Competition were approved.
- 1984 Club Roster
reative Photographers Guild, Image Makers Camera Club, Kenosha Camera Club, Menomonee Falls Camera Club, Milwaukee Camera Club, Photo Pictorialists of Milwaukee, Racine Camera Club, Schlitz Audubon Nature Center Camera Club, Western Camera Club
- January 17, 1989 WACCO was Incorporated.
Officers of WACCO
Year President Vice President Secretary Treasurer
1985-1986 Steve Haynes Bob Schaap Lynn Butenhoff Kathy Braun
1987-1988 Steve Haynes Harry Richards Lynn Butenhoff Kathy Braun
1988-1989 Lynn Butenhoff Bill Rietz Renee Keinert Sheila Hall
1989-1991 Bill Rietz Harvey Eder Renee Keinert Sheila Hall
1991-1993 Bill Rietz Renee Keinert Ellen Worzala William Turner
1993-1995 Paul Moertl Jeffrey Klug Ellen Worzala Kathy Braun
1995-1997 Jeffrey Klug Jerry Robillard Mark Mathu Kathy Braun
1997-1999 Jerry Robillard Bob Schaap Renee Skiba Diane Surendonk
1999-2001 Jerry Robillard Fred Fritzsche Paul Moertl Jeffrey Klug
2001-2003 Bob Schaap Sheila Hall Lynne Reiger Jeffrey Klug
2003-2005 Bob Schaap Terry Jakubaitis Kathy Werlein Bob Dineen
2005-2007 Terry Jakubaitis Nancy Greifenhagen Jean Sommers Jeffrey Klug
2007-2009 Terry Jakubaitis Nancy Greifenhagen Mary Dumont Richard Knisbeck
2009-2011 Jeffrey Klug Ken Warning Mary Dumont Richard Knisbeck
2011-2013 Jeffrey Klug Ken Warning Diane Jaeger Richard Knisbeck
2013-2015 Ken Warning Larry Jansen Diane Jaeger Richard Knisbeck
2015-2017 Ken Warning Elizabeth Whitcomb Paul Moertl Richard Knisbeck